The complete mitochondrial genome of squat lobster, Munida gregaria (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae)
Cited 0 time in
- The complete mitochondrial genome of squat lobster, Munida gregaria (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae)
- Lee, Chi woo
- Genetics & Heredity
- Circumpolar dispersal; Complete mitogenome; Galatheoidea; Munida gregaria; Munididae
- Issue Date
- Chi Woo Lee., et al. 2016. The complete mitochondrial genome of squat lobster, Munida gregaria (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae). MITOCHONDRIAL DNA PART B: RESOURCES, 1(1): 204-206.
- We determined the mitogenome sequence of Munida gregaria (Fabricius 1793) (Anomura, Galatheoidea,
Munididae), which is the first complete mitogenome sequence in the family Munididae Ahyong et al.,
2010. The mitogenome of M. gregaria is 16 326 bp in length and contains 13 protein-coding genes
(PCGs), 22 transfer RNAs (tRNAs), two ribosomal RNAs (rRNAs) and two control regions (CRs).
Mitogenome analysis of M. gregaria showed an extra copy of the CR and rearrangements of two PCGs
(nad2 and nad3) compared to the arthropod ground pattern. Additionally, it contains a tRNA (trnY) inversion
and rearrangements of two PCGs (nad1 and nad3) when compared with that of Neopetrolisthes
maculatus and Shinkaia crosnieri, respectively. The phylogenetic tree confirmed that M. gregaria belongs
to the superfamily Galatheoidea within Anomura. Our results will be useful for the detailed study of
mitogenome evolution and the phylogenetic relationships among the superfamily in the infraorder
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.