Distribution patterns of vegetation in Midtre Lovenbreen foreland, Spitsbergen (79˚N)
- Distribution patterns of vegetation in Midtre Lovenbreen foreland, Spitsbergen (79˚N)
- Kim, Se-eun
Jung, Ji Young
Lee, Yoo Kyung
- Issue Date
- Kim, Se-eun, et al. 2015. Distribution patterns of vegetation in Midtre Lovenbreen foreland, Spitsbergen (79˚N). The 90th conference of The Korean Association of Biological Sciences. Byeonsan. 2015.08.26-28.
- Forelands of receding glaciers are ideal sites to study soil development processes and vegetation succession through a space for time substitution approach. The aims of this study are to understand 1) distribution patterns of plants along the chronosequence in the glacier foreland and 2) the relationship between plant species and local environmental conditions. We chose 102 study plots the foreland of Midtre Lovenbreen through the stratified sampling method from 300 plots by previous research and recorded the frequency of each plant species and the coverage of vascular and nonvascular plants. Plant data is currently being analyzed by correspondence analysis to realize the grouping patterns of plants. Moreover, we are acquiring environmental data such as snow free days, altitude, aspect, the age of surface and runoff activity etc. Our preliminary results showed that plant colonization changed as soil developed. However, other environmental factors seemed to affect the vegetation distribution patterns too. Therefore, we are aiming to recognize different plant community distribution patterns with a link of environmental parameters through further analysis.
- Conference Name
- The 90th conference of The Korean Association of Biological Sciences
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.