Lobarstin Enhances Chemosensitivity in HumanGlioblastoma T98G Cells
Cited 0 time in
- Lobarstin Enhances Chemosensitivity in HumanGlioblastoma T98G Cells
- Other Titles
- 인간 Glioblastoma T98G 세포에서 극지생물 유래 Lobarstin에 의한 항암효과 민감성 증대에 관한 연구
- Kim, Il-Chan
Kim, Tae Ue
Yim, Joung Han
- Lobarstin; Glioblastoma; Temozolomide; Chemosensitivity; DNA repair
- Issue Date
- Kim, Il-Chan, et al. 2013. "Lobarstin Enhances Chemosensitivity in HumanGlioblastoma T98G Cells". ANTICANCER RESEARCH, 33(12): 5445-5452-5451.
- Lobarstin is a metabolite occurring from the Antarctic lichen Stereocaulon alpnum. Human glioblastoma is highly resistant to chemotherapy with temozolomide. Lobarstin was examined for its effect on glioblastoma. Materials and Methods: Temozolomideresistant T98G cells were subjected to toxicity test with temozolomide and/or lobarstin. DNA damage and recovery was assessed by the alkaline comet assay and expression of DNA repair genes was examined by RT-PCR and western blot analysis. Results: Lobarstin alone at 40 μM was toxic against T98G, but had no effect in primary human fibroblasts. Cotreatment of lobarstin with temozolomide yielded enhanced toxicity. Temozolomide-alone or with lobarstin co-treatment gave similar extent of DNA damage. However, the recovery was reduced in co-treated cells. Expression of DNA repair genes, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, poly(ADPribose) polymerase 1 and ligase 3 were reduced in lobarstintreated cells. Conclusion: Enhanced sensitivity to temozolomide by lobarstin co-treatment may be attributed to reduced DNA repair.
- http://dx.doi.org/0250-7005/2013 $2.00+.40
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.