Investigation of the Susceptibility of Arctic Arthrobacter sp.PAMC 25486 to Mutagens
Cited 0 time in
- Investigation of the Susceptibility of Arctic Arthrobacter sp.PAMC 25486 to Mutagens
- Sang-geun Kim
- Arthrobacter sp; Sensitivity; γ-ray; UV; EMS; Hydrogen peroxide
- Issue Date
- Kim, Sang-geun, Jong-il Choi, Se Jong Han., et al. 2014. Investigation of the Susceptibility of Arctic Arthrobacter sp. PAMC 25486 to Mutagens. Journal of Radiation Industry. 8(2): 105-109.
- This study was conducted to investigate the sensitivity of Arthrobacter sp. PAMC 25486 to various mutagens. γ-ray, UV-ray, Ethyl methane sulfonate (EMS) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) were used as mutagen, and the survival rate of Arthrobacter sp. was measured at various doses of γ-ray and UV-ray, and concentrations of EMS and H2O2. Decimal reduction dose (D10 value) of Arthrobacter sp. was determined 370 Gy for a gamma irradiation treatment, 0.019 J for a UV ray, 2.5 mM for EMS, and 230 mM for H2O2. This result will be applied for the development of superior mutant strain of Arctic bacteria producing valuable compounds.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.