Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic midge Parochlus steinenii (Diptera: Chironomidae)
Cited 0 time in
- Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic midge Parochlus steinenii (Diptera: Chironomidae)
- Kim, Sanghee
Shin, Seung Chul
- Genetics & Heredity
- Antarctic winged midge; Complete mitochondrial genome; Parochlus steinenii
- Issue Date
- Kim, Sanghee, Hanna Kim, Seung Chul Shin. 2016. Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic midge Parochlus steinenii (Diptera: Chironomidae). Mitochondrial DNA, 27(5): 3475-3476.
- Parochlus steinenii is a winged midge found in the Antarctic Peninsula and its offshore islands. We determined the complete mitochondrial genome sequence of P. steinenii, which is comprised of 16 803 nucleotides and contains 13 protein-coding genes (PCGs), 22 tRNA genes, and the large (rrnL) and small (rrnS) rRNA genes. Its total A + T content is 72.5%. The PCG arrangement of P. steinenii is identical to that of the ancestral Diptera ground pattern. This is the first report on the mitogenome sequence of an Antarctic midge, and provides insights into the evolution of dipterans in Antarctica
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.