Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci from the chinstrap penguin, Pygoscelis antarctica
Cited 0 time in
- Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci from the chinstrap penguin, Pygoscelis antarctica
- Kang, Seunghyun
Ahn, Do Hwan
Lee, Jong Eun
- Biodiversity & Conservation; Genetics & Heredity
- Pygoscelis antarctica; Pygoscelid; Chinstrap penguin; Microsatellites
- Issue Date
- Kang, Seunghyun, et al. 2015. "Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci from the chinstrap penguin, Pygoscelis antarctica". Conservation Genet Resour: 561-563.
- Sixteen polymorphic microsatellite loci were isolated and characterized for the chinstrap penguin, Pygoscelis antarctica. The number of alleles per locus ranged from two to nine. The observed and expected heterozygosities
ranged from 0.136 to 0.864 and from 0.208 to 0.831, respectively. Cross-species amplification was successful in other penguin species, including Pygoscelis papua, Pygoscelis adelie, and Eudyptes chrysolophus. The
microsatellite markers developed in this study can be used in future conservation studies.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.