Complete genome sequence of carotenoid-producing Microbacterium sp. strain PAMC28756 isolated from an Antarctic lichen
Cited 0 time in
- Complete genome sequence of carotenoid-producing Microbacterium sp. strain PAMC28756 isolated from an Antarctic lichen
- Han, So-Ra
Ahn, Do Hwan
- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology
- Microbacterium sp. PAMC28756; Complete genome sequence; Carotenoid; Antarctica lichen Stereocaulon sp.
- Issue Date
- Han, So-Ra, et al. 2016. Complete genome sequence of carotenoid-producing Microbacterium sp. strain PAMC28756 isolated from an Antarctic lichen., Journal of Biotechnology, 226
- Microbacterium sp. strain PAMC28756, of the family Microbacteriaceae, was isolated from Stereocaulon sp., an Antarctic lichen. Complete genome sequencing of Microbacterium sp. PAMC28756 revealed, for
the first time in the genus Microbacterium, a series of key genes involved in C50 carotenoid biosynthesis. An analysis of the Microbacterium sp. PAMC28756 genome will lead to a better understanding of the
carotenoid biosynthesis pathway. Furthermore, the sequence data will provide novel insight into UV radiation resistance in extremely cold environments.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.