Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Crustacea, Maxillopoda, Cirripedia)
Cited 0 time in
- Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Crustacea, Maxillopoda, Cirripedia)
- Baek, Ye-Seul
- Genetics & Heredity
- Antarctic barnacle; Cirripedia; Complete mitochondrial genome; Lepas australis
- Issue Date
- Baek, Ye-Seul, et al. 2014. "Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Crustacea, Maxillopoda, Cirripedia)". Mitochondrial DNA Part A, 27(3): 1677-1678.
- We present the complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Cirripedia, Thoracica, Lepadidae). The genome sequence is 15,502 bp in size. Except for CO1, 12 protein-coding genes (PCGs) start with an ATN initiation codon (ATA, ATG, ATC and ATT).
Twelve PCGs were terminated with TAA or TAG stop codon, whereas ND1 possessed an
incomplete termination codon (T--). We compared the mitogenome structure of L. australis
to those of other cirripeds and a typical arthropod Homarus americanus. The PCGs in the
L. australis mtgenome showed a typical gene arrangement, identical to the arthropod pattern
in other cirriped genomes. However, at least 8 tRNA genes were translocated and 2 tRNA genes
were inverted in the coding polarity. Unique differences in L. australis mtgenome included
translocation of trnS2, trnD and trnI. These results are useful for understanding the phylogenetic
relationships among cirripedians, and additional mtgenome information of barnacles including
the polar species would allow exploration of the thoracican relationships and mtgenome
modifications in the barnacle evolution.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.