A model for doherent backscatter from diffuse targets
- A model for doherent backscatter from diffuse targets
- Atwood, Don
- Issue Date
- Atwood, Don, et al. 2014. A model for doherent backscatter from diffuse targets. 2014 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. Quebec. 2014.07.13-18.
- PolSAR and InSAR investigations have served to highlight an interesting set of natural targets with peculiar behaviors; Seemingly at odds with the common understanding of coherent backscatter. While representing extremes in climatology, the mangroves of Florida Everglades and the Frozen lakes of northern Alaska share similarities in the way that microwaves and backscattered. Both ecosystems can be described as a random volume of scatterers over a surface, yet in both instances, the backscatter processes are highly coherent.HV backscatter is typically associated with incoherent scttering processes, yet in both of the above cases, a strong coherence is seen in the HV response.
- Conference Name
- 2014 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.