Cambrian stratigraphy of the North China Platform: revisiting principal sections in Shandong Province, China
Cited 30 time in
- Cambrian stratigraphy of the North China Platform: revisiting principal sections in Shandong Province, China
- Other Titles
- 북중국대지의 캠브리아기 층서: 산동성의 주요 단면으로부터
- Chough, S.K.
- Cambrian; North China Platform; Shandong Province; biostratigraphy; lithostratigraphy
- Issue Date
- The Association of Korean Geoscience Societies and Springer
- Chough, S.K., et al. 2010. "Cambrian stratigraphy of the North China Platform: revisiting principal sections in Shandong Province, China". GEOSCIENCES JOURNAL, 14(3): 235-268.
- The Cambrian succession in the North China Platform comprises a mixed carbonate-siliciclastic sequence, superbly exposed in the southern part of Shandong Province, China. In order to refine the lithostratigraphy of the Cambrian succession, this paper presents detailed sedimentary logs of outcrop sections in the Jinan, Laiwu, Jining, and Linyi areas. The entire succession consists of six lithologic units: Liguan, Zhushadong, Mantou, Zhangxia, Gushan, and Chaomidian formations in ascending order. The upper boundary of the Zhushadong Formation is refined as the base of the first purple mudstone bed of the Mantou Formation. The Mantou Formation is, in turn, bounded at the top by a thick oolitic grainstone bed of the Zhangxia Formation. The upper boundary of the Gushan Formation is placed at the base of a distinct bioclastic grainstone bed of the Chaomidian Formation. The constituent members of the Zhushadong, Mantou, and Chaomidian formations are also refined. Seventeen trilobite biozones are recognized, representing the Cambrian Series 2 to the Furongian.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.