Statistical Optimization of Medium Components for the Production of Prodigiosin by Hahella chejuensis KCTC 2396
Cited 15 time in
- Statistical Optimization of Medium Components for the Production of Prodigiosin by Hahella chejuensis KCTC 2396
- Other Titles
- 통계적 수식에 의한 Hahella chejuensis KCTC 2396 유래 prodigiosin 생산
- Lee, Hong Kum
Kim, Sung Jin
Yim, Joung Han
- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology; Microbiology
- Hahella chejuensis; prodigiosin; statistical experimental desig
- Issue Date
- The korea society for microbiology and biotechnology
- Lee, Hong Kum, Kim, Sung Jin, Yim, Joung Han. 2008. "Statistical Optimization of Medium Components for the Production of Prodigiosin by Hahella chejuensis KCTC 2396". JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY, 18(12): 1903-1907.
- Prodigiosin is a natural red pigment with algicidal activity against Cochlodinium polykrikoides, a major harmful redtide microalga. To increase the yield of prodigiosin production by Hahella chejuensis KCTC 2396, significant medium components were determined using a two-level Plackett- Burman statistical design technique. Among 12 components included in basal medium, NaHCO3, Na2SiO3, NH4NO3, Na2SO4, and CaCl2 were determined to be important for prodigiosin production. The medium formulation was finally optimized using a Box-Behnken design as follows: 1% sucrose;0.4% peptone;0.1% yeast extract;and (g/l): NaCl, 20.0;Na2SO4, 9.0;CaCl2, 1.71;KCl, 0.4;and (mg/l): H3BO3, 10.0;KBr, 50.0;NaF, 2.0;NaHCO3, 45.0;Na2SiO3, 4.5;NH4NO3, 4.5. The predicted maximum yield of prodigiosin in the optimized medium was 1.198 g/l by the Box-Behnken design, whereas the practical production was 1.495 g/l, which was three times higher than the basal medium (0.492 g/l).
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.