The origin of serpentinite from Hero Fracture zone in Drake passage, Antartic
Cited 0 time in
- The origin of serpentinite from Hero Fracture zone in Drake passage, Antartic
- Other Titles
- 남극 드레이크해협 히어로 파쇄대 사문암의 기원
- Lee, Seok Hoon
Jin, Young Keun
Lee, Jong Ik
- Antarctic; Hero Fracture zone; Peridotite
- Issue Date
- Lee, Seok Hoon, et al. 2005. "The origin of serpentinite from Hero Fracture zone in Drake passage, Antartic". The Geological Society Of Korea, 41: 157-173.
- Serpentinites from Hero Fracture zone in Antarctic contain serpentine, amphibole, talc, chlorite, and magnetite as well as olivine, pyroxene, and spinel as relict minerals. Fosterite compositions of olivines in serpentinites are 89 - 90. Cr-numbers and Mg-numbers of spinels in serpentinites are similar to those of spinels in abyssal peridotite. Serpentinites from Hero Fracture zone in Drake Passage have undergone two serpentinization events by oceanic water;first serpentinization event and second serpentinization event. First serpentinization part includes lizardite and antigorite, but second serpentinization part includes only lizardite. First serpentinization event occurred at deeper part (150 - 450oC) than second serpentinization event. During serpentinization, MgO and FeO in olivine are decreased, and those in orthopyroxene and clinopyroxene are increased. The protholith of serpentinites is upper mantle spinel peridotite because of mineral assemblage, Fo89-90 composition in olivines, and Cr-number and Mg-number in spinels. Moreover, the values of (HREE)n (0.3 - 1.6) and no Eu anomaly in serpentinites from Hero Fracture zone indicate that the protholith of serpentinites is upper mantle spinel peridotite.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.