Bioactive polyprenylated benzophenone derivatives from the fruits extracts of Garcinia xanthochymus
Cited 2 time in
- Bioactive polyprenylated benzophenone derivatives from the fruits extracts of Garcinia xanthochymus
- Other Titles
- Garcinia xanthochymus의 열매로부터 폴리프레닐화된 생리활성의 벤조페논 유도체들
- Youn, Ui Joung
Leng Chee Chang
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy; Chemistry
- Clusiaceae; Garcinia xanthochymus; Polycyclic prenylated xanthone; STAT3
- Issue Date
- Youn, Ui Joung, et al. 2017. "Bioactive polyprenylated benzophenone derivatives from the fruits extracts of Garcinia xanthochymus". BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, 27(16): 3760-3765.
- Two new polycyclic prenylated xanthones (1 and 2) and a new phenylpropanoid glycoside (3), along with seven known compounds (4？10) were isolated from the fruits of Garcinia xanthochymus. The structures of the new compounds were elucidated by 1D- and 2D-NMR, and HRMS experiments. The isolates were evaluated for their inhibitory effects against the viability of U251MG glioblastoma and MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells that harbor aberrantly active signal transducer and activation of transcription 3 (STAT3), and compared to normal NIH3T3 mouse fibroblasts. Among the isolates, compounds 1, 2, 5, and 6？9 inhibited the viability of glioma cancer cells that harbor aberrantly active STAT3, with IC50 values in the range of 1.6？6.5 ？M. Furthermore, treatment of U251MG with 6 and 7 inhibited intracellular STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation and glioma cell migration in vitro, respectively.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.