Characteristics of cold-adaptive endochitinase from Antarctic bacterium Sanguibacter antarcticus KOPRI 21702
Cited 18 time in
- Characteristics of cold-adaptive endochitinase from Antarctic bacterium Sanguibacter antarcticus KOPRI 21702
- Other Titles
- 남극 미생물 Sanguibacter antarcticus KOPRI 21702이 생산하는 저온적은 키틴분해효소의 특성
- Park, Ha Ju
Lee, Hong Kum
Kim, In Hee
Kim, Ju Young
Yim, Joung Han
Kim, Sung Jin
- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology
- Antarctic; Chitinolytic; Cold-active; Endochitinase; Psychrotroph
- Issue Date
- Park, Ha Ju, et al. 2009. "Characteristics of cold-adaptive endochitinase from Antarctic bacterium Sanguibacter antarcticus KOPRI 21702". Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 45(1): 391-396.
- The psychrotrophic Sanguibacter antarcticus KOPRI 21702T, isolated from Antarctic seawater, produced a cold-adapted chitinolytic enzyme that is a new55 kDa family 18 chitinase (Chi21702). Chi21702 exhibited high activities toward pNP-(GlcNAc)2 and pNP-(GlcNAc)3 with no activity for pNP-GlcNAc, indicating that it prefers chitin chains longer than dimers, just as endochitinases do.Amixture of GlcNAc and GlcNAc2 was produced as a main product by Chi21702 activity from chitin oligosaccharides and swollen chitin, while less GlcNAc3 was produced. These results show that Chi21702 has an endochitinase activity, randomly hydrolyzing chitin at internal sites. Chi21702 displayed chitinase activity at 0？40 ？C (optimal temperature of 37 ？C), maintained its activity at pH 4？11 (optimal pH of 7.6). Interestingly, Chi21702 exhibited relative activities of 40% and 60% at 0 and 10 ？C, respectively, in comparison to 100% at 37 ？C, which is higher than those of the previously characterized, cold-adapted, chitinases from bacterial strains.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.