Aromatic hydroxylation of indan by the o-xylene-degrading Rhodococcus sp. strain DK17
Cited 6 time in
- Aromatic hydroxylation of indan by the o-xylene-degrading Rhodococcus sp. strain DK17
- Other Titles
- o-Xylene 분해성 Rhodococcus sp. strain DK17에 의한 indan compound의 aromatic hydroxylation
- Jung Nam Choi
Choong Hwan Lee
Zylstra, Gerben J.
Ki Young Choi
- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology; Microbiology
- Rhodococcus; Rieske dioxygenase; aromatic hydroxylation; indan
- Issue Date
- American Society for Microbiology
- Jung Nam Choi, et al. 2010. "Aromatic hydroxylation of indan by the o-xylene-degrading Rhodococcus sp. strain DK17". Applied and environmental microbiology, 76(1): 375-377.
- The metabolically versatile Rhodococcus sp. strain DK17 utilizes indan as a growth substrate via the o xylene pathway. Metabolite and RT-PCR analyses indicate that o xylene dioxygenase hydroxylates indan at the 4,5 position of the aromatic moiety to form cis indan-4,5-dihydrodiol, which is dehydrogenated to 4,5-indandiol by a dehydrogenase. 4,5-indandiol undergoes ring cleavage by a meta-cleavage dioxygenase.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.