Spatial distribution of coda Q in South Korea
Cited 16 time in
- Spatial distribution of coda Q in South Korea
- Other Titles
- 서남극 남 스코티아 해의 홀로세 고기후 변화에 대한 규조류 증거
- Bak, Young-Suk
YUN, HYE SU
Yoon, Ho Il
- Marine & Freshwater Biology
- Scotia Sea; diatom; late Quaternary; paleoclimate; sea ice
- Issue Date
- Bak, Young-Suk, et al. 2007. "Spatial distribution of coda Q in South Korea". GEOSCIENCES JOURNAL, 11(1): 11-22.
- Analyzing spectral attenuation of coda waves, we first mapped coda Q-values in the crust over the whole of South Korea. During the period from 1995 to 2004, we selected 574 north-south-component seismograms with epicentral distances less than 100 km from 328 earthquakes with magnitudes between 1.4 and 5.2. We estimated coda Q-values using the single isotropic scattering model at center frequencies of 1.5, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and.18 Hz, and found significant spatial variation over all frequency ranges and strong frequency dependence of coda Q in the region. The estimated coda Q-value at 1 Hz (Q(0)) and the eta-value ranges are 80-300 and 0.4-1.1, respectively. The values have strong correlation with the regional geology in the Korean peninsula. Low Q(0)-values are mainly obtained in the regions comprising sedimentary strata in southeastern South Korea, whereas granite regions in the northern part of South Korea show high Q(0). The Qo-values in the study area agree well with those of the eastern China and Kyushu, western Japan. Furthermore, our eta-values are also in good agreement with those of Japan.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.