Hydroacoustic Observation on the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake
Cited 0 time in
- Hydroacoustic Observation on the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake
- Other Titles
- 2011년 토호쿠 대지진의 수중음향 관측
- Lee, Won Sang
- Hydroacosutic monitoring; IMS hydrophone array; the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake
- Issue Date
- Lee, Won Sang, Yun, Sukyoung. 2013. "Hydroacoustic Observation on the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake". Journal of the Korean Geophysical Society, 16(4): 234-239.
- The MW 9.0 thrust-fault earthquake has occurred in the Pacific coast of Tohoku, Japan, on March 11, 2011. We present the detection of the great earthquake and analyze T-waves associated with the main event and two other big aftershocks (MW > 7) recorded in a hydroacoustic array (H11N) in the Pacific Ocean by performing array and spectral analysis to examine characteristics of T-waves generated from the big events. The complex rupture process of the main event directly influences on the shape of the T-waves, and the peak locates on where T-waves excited from fast rupturing process arrive. We compare the two aftershocks with different fault type and show that the fault type and the source depth change shape and spectral contents of T-waves.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.