AVO Analysis on Gas Hydrates in the Continental Margin off the South shetland Islands, Antarctica
Cited 0 time in
- AVO Analysis on Gas Hydrates in the Continental Margin off the South shetland Islands, Antarctica
- Other Titles
- 남극 남쉐틀랜드 군도 대륙주변부의 가스수화물 AVO 반응분석
- Nam, SangHeon
Jin, Young Keun
Hong, Jong Kuk
Lee, Jung Mo
- Environmental Sciences & Ecology
- seismic data; AVO analysis; BSR; gas hydrates; free gas
- Issue Date
- Nam, SangHeon, et al. 2006. "AVO Analysis on Gas Hydrates in the Continental Margin off the South shetland Islands, Antarctica". Korean Geophysical Society, 9(4): 417-426.
- Geophysical survey has been conducted on the continental margin off the South Shetland Islands aboard R/V Onnuri of KORDI in 1992/1993. About 800-line km of 96-channel reflection data have been acquired. On the seismic section, BSR with strong reflectivity and negative polarity has been found at 700 ms below the sea bottom. BSR is considered as the base of gas hydrates and AVO analysis was performed to study physical properties along BSR. True amplitude recovery and surface consistence amplitude were applied to seismic data and angle gathers were obtained. AVO gradient and AVO intercept are calculated on every CDP gather. Section of AVO intercept show strong reflectivity and negative polarity on BSRs and stronger continuity of BSR than stacked section. Cross plot of P-G indicates that the lower layer below BSR is filled with free gas.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.