Shallow Crustal Structure of the Bransfield Basin Using an Autonomous Underwater Hydrophone
Cited 0 time in
- Shallow Crustal Structure of the Bransfield Basin Using an Autonomous Underwater Hydrophone
- Other Titles
- AUH를 이용한 남극 브랜스필드 분지의 천부 구조
- Park, Minkyu
Hong, Jong Kuk
- Environmental Sciences & Ecology
- AUH(Autonomous Underwater Hydrophone); Abyssal T-wave; submarine earthquake; sediment layer; basement; crustal structure; Bransfield Basin
- Issue Date
- Park, Minkyu, et al. 2006. "Shallow Crustal Structure of the Bransfield Basin Using an Autonomous Underwater Hydrophone". Korean Geophysical Society, 9(4): 351-359.
- We investigated subsurface structures of the Bransfield Basin, the Antarctic with AUH (Autonomous Underwater Hydrophne) which was designed to record abyssal T-waves generated from submarine earthquakes. The data obtained from a multi-channel seismic survey and an AUH were used for this study. A seismic reflection method was applied to the multi-channel seismic survey data in order to identify bathymetry and sedimentary structures, and the signals recorded in the AUH were used to obtain deep structures as we applied a seismic refraction method. Even though we couldn’t investigate deeper and detailed structure in study area because of lack of Airgun’s capacity, the AUH showed possibilities for being used for a marine seismic survey. From this experiment, we decided the upper and lower sediment layer velocities, detected irregular basement topography probably caused by submarine volcanic/magmatic activities, and retrieved the velocity of the basement and the depth of the sediment layer/basement boundary.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.