Morphology and Molecular Data forAntarctic Cryophilic Microalga, Porosira pseudodenticulata
Cited 0 time in
- Morphology and Molecular Data forAntarctic Cryophilic Microalga, Porosira pseudodenticulata
- Other Titles
- 남극 호냉성 미세조 Porosira pseudodenticulata의 형태와 분자적 자료
- Jung, Woongsic
Hong, Sung Soo
- Life Sciences & Biomedicine - Other Topics
- cryophilic microalgae; molecular analysis; Porosira pseudodenticulata; rbcL; SSU rDNA
- Issue Date
- Jung, Woongsic, et al. 2006. "Morphology and Molecular Data forAntarctic Cryophilic Microalga, Porosira pseudodenticulata". The Korean Society Of Phycology, 21: 169-174.
- We have cultured more than 100 Arctic and Antarctic cryophilic microalgal strains in KOPRI culture collections ofpolar microorganisms (KCCPM). Among them, we tried to identify an Antarctic strain, KOPRI AnM0008 bymorphological and molecular analysis. Nuclear SSU rDNA and plastid rbcL sequences were used to identify thestrain. It was identified as Porosira pseudodenticulata based on SSU sequence data showing 99% identity withGenBank X85398. This result was supported by morphological features like solitary labiate process, externalforamina and internal cribra by optical and scanning electron microscope. Morphological identification andmolecular analysis on polar cryophilic microalgae will be accomplished to construct the databases for KCCPM.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.