Lacinutrix jangbogonensis sp. nov., a psychrophilic bacterium isolated from Antarctic marine sediment and emended description of the genus Lacinutrix
Cited 0 time in
- Lacinutrix jangbogonensis sp. nov., a psychrophilic bacterium isolated from Antarctic marine sediment and emended description of the genus Lacinutrix
- Other Titles
- 남극 해양 퇴적물로부터 분리된 저온성 세균 신종 Lacinutrix jangbogonensis 및 Lacinutrix속 균주 특성 수정
- Lee, Inae
Lee, Hong Kum
Kim, Ji Hee
Hong, Soon Gyu
Hwang, Chung Yeon
Lee, Yung Mi
- Lacinutrix jangbogonensis sp. nov.; Polyphasic taxonomy
- Issue Date
- Lee, Inae, et al. 2014. "Lacinutrix jangbogonensis sp. nov., a psychrophilic bacterium isolated from Antarctic marine sediment and emended description of the genus Lacinutrix". ANTONIE VAN LEEUWENHOEK INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GENERAL AND MOLECULAR MICROBIOLOGY, 106(1): 527-533.
- A Gram-negative, strictly aerobic, non-motile, rod-shaped and psychrophilic bacterial strain, PAMC 27137T, was isolated from the marine sediment of the Ross Sea, Antarctica. Strain PAMC 27137T was observed to grow at 4-10？C, at pH 6.5-7.5 and in the presence of 2.5-4.0% (w/v) sea salts. Phylogenetic analysis based on the 16S rRNA gene sequence indicated that strain PAMC 27137T belongs to the genus Lacinutrix showing the high similarities with Lacinutrix mariniflava JCM 13824T (97.6%) and Lacinutrix algicola JCM 13825T (97.1%). Genomic relatedness analyses based on the average nucleotide identity and the genome-to-genome distance showed that strain PAMC 27137T is clearly distinguished from the most closely related Lacinutrix species. The major fatty acids (>5%) were identified as iso-C15:1 G (19.9%), iso-C15:0 (19.3%), iso-C17:0 3-OH (11.3%), summed feature 9 (C16:0 10-methyl and/or iso-C17:1 ω9c as defined by MIDI, 9.1%), iso-C15:0 3-OH (7.5%), and anteiso-C15:1 A (5.8%). The polar lipids were found to consist of phosphatidylethanolamine, an unidentified aminolipid, an unidentified aminophospholipid, and five unidentified phospholipids. The major respiratory quinone was identified as MK-6. The genomic DNA G+C content was determined to be 33.5 mol%. Based on the data from this polyphasic taxonomic study, strain PAMC 27137T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Lacinutrix, for which the name Lacinutrix jangbogonensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is PAMC 27137T (= KCTC 32573T = JCM 19883T).
- http://dx.doi.org/DOI 10.1007/s10482-014-0221-5
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.