New Benzoxazine Secondary Metabolites from an Arctic Actinomycete
Cited 13 time in
- New Benzoxazine Secondary Metabolites from an Arctic Actinomycete
- Other Titles
- 북극 방선균에서 새로운 Benzoxaine의 2차 대사산물
- Moon, Kyuho
Lee, Mi Jung
Lee, Sang Kook
Won, Tae Hyung
- Arctic; Marine actinomycete; Secondary metabolite
- Issue Date
- Moon, Kyuho, et al. 2014. "New Benzoxazine Secondary Metabolites from an Arctic Actinomycete". MARINE DRUGS, 12(5): 2526-2538.
- Two new secondary metabolites, arcticoside (1) and C-1027 chromophore-V (2), were isolated along with C-1027 chromophore-III and fijiolides A and B (3？5) from a culture of an Arctic marine actinomycete Streptomyces strain. The chemical structures of 1？2 were elucidated through NMR, mass, UV, and IR spectroscopy. The hexose moieties in 1 were determined to be D-glucose from a combination of acid hydrolysis, derivatization, and gas chromatographic analyses. Arcticoside (1) and C-1027 chromophore-V (2), which have a benzoxazine ring, inhibited Candida albicans isocitrate lyase. Chromophore-V (2) exhibited significant cytotoxicity against breast carcinoma MDA-MB231 cells and colorectal carcinoma cells (line HCT-116), with IC50 values of 0.9 and 2.7 μM, respectively.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.