Sediminicola arcticus sp. nov., a psychrophilic bacterium isolated from deep-sea sediment, and emended description of the genus Sediminicola
Cited 3 time in
- Sediminicola arcticus sp. nov., a psychrophilic bacterium isolated from deep-sea sediment, and emended description of the genus Sediminicola
- Other Titles
- 북극 심해 퇴적물에서 분리한 친저온성 신종 Sediminicola arcticus 보고 및 Sediminicola 속(genus)의 특성 교정
- Hwang, Chung Yeon
Lee, Hong Kum
Lee, Mi Jung
Lee, Yung Mi
- Sediminicola arcticus; 북극; 천저온성; 퇴적물
- Issue Date
- Hwang, Chung Yeon, et al. 2015. "Sediminicola arcticus sp. nov., a psychrophilic bacterium isolated from deep-sea sediment, and emended description of the genus Sediminicola". INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY, 65: 1567-1571.
- A Gram-staining-negative, rod-shaped and non-motile strain, designated PAMC 27266T, was isolated from deep-sea sediment of the Arctic Ocean. Analysis of the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain PAMC 27266T showed the closest affiliation with the genus Sediminicola. Phylogenetic analyses revealed that strain PAMC 27266T formed a robust clade with Sediminicola lutes NBRC 100966T with the 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 98.9%. Genomic relatedness analyses based on the average nucleotide identity and the genome-to-genome distance showed that strain PAMC 27266T is clearly distinguished from S. lutes NBRC 100966T. Cells of strain PAMC 27266T grew optimally at 15oC and pH 6.5-7.5 in the presence of 3.5% (w/v) sea salts. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylethanolamine, two unidentified aminophospholipids and two unidentified lipids. The only respiratory quinone was menaquinone-6. The major cellular fatty acids (> 10%) were C16 : 1 ω6c and/or C16 : 1ω7c and C15 : 0. The genomic DNA G+C content was 37.9 mol%. Based on the phylogenetic, genomic, chemotaxonomic and phenotypic data presented, we propose a new species for strain PAMC 27266T (= KCCM 43038T = JCM 19894T) with the name Sediminicola arcticus sp. nov.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.