Cold adaptation of a psychrophilic chaperoninfrom Psychrobacter sp. and its application for heterologousprotein expression
Cited 4 time in
- Cold adaptation of a psychrophilic chaperoninfrom Psychrobacter sp. and its application for heterologousprotein expression
- Other Titles
- Psychrobacter sp 유래의 저온성 샤페로닌의 저온적응과 외래단백질 발현에서의 응용
- Kim, Han-Woo
Shin, Seung Chul
Lee, Jun Hyuck
Jeon, Byung Wook
Wi, Ah Ram
- Chaperonin; Cold adaptation; Esterase; GroEL; Psychrobacter sp; Psychrophilic bacterium
- Issue Date
- Kim, Han-Woo, et al. 2015. "Cold adaptation of a psychrophilic chaperoninfrom Psychrobacter sp. and its application for heterologousprotein expression". BIOTECHNOLOGY LETTERS, 37(9): 1887-1893.
- Objectives: A chaperonin, PsyGroELS, from the Antarctic psychrophilic bacterium Psychrobacter sp. PAMC21119, was examined for its role in cold adaptation when expressed in a mesophiic Escherichia coli strain. Results: Growth of E. coli harboring PsyGroELS at 10 degree C was increased compared to the control strain. A co-expression system using PsyGroELS was developed to increase productivity of the psychrophilic enzyme PsyEst9. PsyEst9 was cloned and expressed using three E. coli variants that co-expressed GroELS from PAMC21119, E. coli, or Oleispira antarctica RB8T. Co-expression with PsyGroELS was more effective for the production of PsyEst9 compared to the other chaperonins. Conclusion: PsyGroELS confers cold tolerance to E. coli, and shows potential as an effective coexpression system for the stable production of psychrophilic proteins.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.