The complete mitochondrial genome of squat lobster, Munida gregaria (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae)
Cited 1 time in
- The complete mitochondrial genome of squat lobster, Munida gregaria (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae)
- Other Titles
- 아남극권 서식 새우붙이의 전체미토콘드리아 게놈 분석
- Lee, Chi-Woo
- Munida gregaria; Munididae; circumpolar dispersal
- Issue Date
- Lee, Chi-Woo, et al. 2016. "The complete mitochondrial genome of squat lobster, Munida gregaria (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae)". Mitochondrial DNA, 1(1): 204-206.
- We determined the mitogenome sequence of Munida gregaria (Fabricius, 1793) (Anomura, Galatheoidea, Munididae), which is the first complete mitogenome sequence in the family Munididae Ahyong, Baba, Macpherson, Poore, 2010. The mitogenome of M. gregaria is 16,326 bp and contains 13 protein-coding genes (PCGs), 22 transfer RNAs (tRNAs), two ribosomal RNAs (rRNAs), and two control regions (CRs). Mitogenome analysis of M. gregaria showed an extra copy of the CR and rearrangements of two PCGs (nad2 and nad3) compared to the arthropod ground pattern. Additionally, it contains a tRNA (trnY) inversion and rearrangements of two PCGs (nad1 and nad3) when compared with that of Neopetrolisthes maculatus and Shinkaia crosnieri, respectively. The phylogenetic tree confirmed that M. gregaria belongs to the superfamily Galatheoidea within Anomura. Our results will be useful for the detailed study of mitogenome evolution and the phylogenetic relationships among the superfamily in the infraorder Anomura
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.