Anti-inflammatory triterpenes from the apical bud of Gardenia sootepensis
Cited 2 time in
- Anti-inflammatory triterpenes from the apical bud of Gardenia sootepensis
- Other Titles
- Gardenia sootepensis의 끝눈에서 분리된 항염증 트라이터펜화합물들
- Youn, Ui Joung
Leng Chee Chang
John M. Pezzuto
Tamara P. Kondratyuk
Park, Eun Jung
- Gardenia sootepenesis; anti-inflammatory activity; cycloartane triterpenes
- Issue Date
- Youn, Ui Joung, et al. 2016. "Anti-inflammatory triterpenes from the apical bud of Gardenia sootepensis". FITOTERAPIA, 114: 92-97.
- Bioassay-guided fractionation of the dichloromethane extract from the apical bud of Gardenia sootepenesis Hutch. (Rubiaceae) led to the isolation of four new cycloartane triterpenes, sootepins F？I (1？4), along with four known derivatives (5？8). The structures of the new compounds were determined by 1D and 2D NMR experiments and by comparison of the physicochemical data with published values. The isolates were evaluated for cancer chemopreventive potential based on their ability to inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α)-induced nuclear factor kappa (NF-κB) activity. Compounds 6？8 inhibited TNF-α-induced NF-κB activity with half maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) values of 8.3, 5.6, and 6.0 ？M, respectively;compounds 7 and 8 showed significant NO-inhibitory activity with IC50 values of 3.2 and 2.0 ？M, respectively.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.