New findings on gas hydrates in the Sea of Okhotsk (CHAOS-II), an adjoining sea of the East Sea
- New findings on gas hydrates in the Sea of Okhotsk (CHAOS-II), an adjoining sea of the East Sea
- Other Titles
- 오호츠크해, 동해와 인접한 해양, 에서의 가스하이드레이트에 대한 새로운 발견들
- H. Shoji
Jin, Young Keun
Chung, Kyung Ho
- CHAOS project; Sea of Okhotsk; gas hydrates; high-resolution seismic data; methane release
- Issue Date
- H. Shoji, et al. 2005. New findings on gas hydrates in the Sea of Okhotsk (CHAOS-II), an adjoining sea of the East Sea. 한국 IODP 사무국. 한국 IODP 사무국. 2005.09.02~.
- The area of focused fluid venting offshore NE was investigated during the CHAOS-II (Hydro-Carbon Hydrate Accumulations in the Okhotsk Sea) expedition onboard of RV “Akademik Lavrentyev” in the period of 20 May to 10 June 2005. The International Research Project CHAOS-II (Russian-Korean-Japanese) aimed at the study of gas hydrate formation processes associated with the fluid venting in the Sea of Okhotsk. Several new gas hydrate accumulations were discovered during the cruise. Hydrate-associated structures have been named as KOPRI, VNIIOkeangeologia, POI and KIT (the names of cruise participant institutes). Some of hydrate-bearing cores contain big amount of gas hydrates: massive gas hydrate layers (up to 35 cm thick) were recovered. The shallowest submarine gas hydrate accumulations in the world (at the depth less then 400 m) were discovered during the cruise.
- Conference Name
- 한국 IODP 사무국
- Conference Place
- 한국 IODP 사무국
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.