WHAT HAPPENS IN GAS HYDRATE-BEARING SEDIMENTS DURING/AFTER MASSIVE GAS EMISSION INTO WATER COLUMN IN THE SEA OF OKHOTSK?
- WHAT HAPPENS IN GAS HYDRATE-BEARING SEDIMENTS DURING/AFTER MASSIVE GAS EMISSION INTO WATER COLUMN IN THE SEA OF OKHOTSK?
- Other Titles
- 오호츠크해에서 해양으로 가스분출이 일어날 때 가스하이드레이트 퇴적층에서는 무슨 일이 일어나나?
- Kim, Yeadong
Chung, Kyung Ho
Jin, Young Keun
- Gas hydrates; chimney structure; gas migration; gas release; seismic structures
- Issue Date
- Kim, Yeadong, et al. 2005. WHAT HAPPENS IN GAS HYDRATE-BEARING SEDIMENTS DURING/AFTER MASSIVE GAS EMISSION INTO WATER COLUMN IN THE SEA OF OKHOTSK?. 한국해양연구원 부설 극지연구소. 한국해양연구원 부설 극지연구소. 2005.05.17~.
- e propose a scenario to explain occurrence of two kinds of chimneys in gas hydrate-bearing sediments: (1) As warm fluid with gas is migrating upward into seafloor along the fault, the area around the fault become non-gas hydrate stability condition around the fault. Gas/fluid migrating along the fault saturates diffusely into adjacent sedimentary layers, which forms relatively wide ER chimney with enhanced reflection along the fault. (2) After stoppage of warm fluid supply, the ER chimney comes back under gas hydrate stability condition as inner temperature decreases. Thus gas in the chimney is converted into gas hydrates. Focused saturation of gas hydrates along the fault makes the narrow WO chimney. (3) New ER chimney is formed at the sites where gas/fluid is migrating upward along other path.
- Conference Name
- 한국해양연구원 부설 극지연구소
- Conference Place
- 한국해양연구원 부설 극지연구소
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.