Isolation and characterisation of metallothionein from Antarctic clam Laternula elliptica
- Isolation and characterisation of metallothionein from Antarctic clam Laternula elliptica
- Other Titles
- 남극큰띠조개로부터 metallothionein 분리정제
- Park, Hyun
- Antarctic; Laternula elliptica; metallothionein
- Issue Date
- Park, Hyun, et al. 2006. Isolation and characterisation of metallothionein from Antarctic clam Laternula elliptica. 2006.05.09~.
- Antarctic clam, Laternula elliptica, adapted for survival in high concentrations of heavy metal induce metallothionein in the presence of Cadmium. In this study, we isolated and characterized a cadmium-binding protein, metallothionein, from metal-exposed clams, L. elliptica. Purification by gel-permeation and ion-exchange chromatography showed that the metal is bound principally to newly formed proteins. The molecular weight of the purified metallothionein was determined as 7.27 kDa by MALDI-TOF MS analyses. The absorption spectra profiles indicate Cd-metallothioneins complexes, and there is a 4 nm red shift of the unresolved lowest energy absorption band when 5 equiv of Cd(II) is incorporated.
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.