Cloning of a Heat Shock Protein 60 Gene from an Arctic Copepod Calauns glacialis
- Cloning of a Heat Shock Protein 60 Gene from an Arctic Copepod Calauns glacialis
- Other Titles
- 북극 요각류 Calauns glacialis 열충격단백질60 유전자 클로닝
Lee, Jin sung
Lee, Yoo Kyung
Lee, Hong Kum
Cho, Hyun Hee
- Arctic copepod; Calanus gracialis; hsp 60; zooplankton
- Issue Date
- 이창은, et al. 2007. Cloning of a Heat Shock Protein 60 Gene from an Arctic Copepod Calauns glacialis. 한국생물공학회. 한국생물공학회. 2007.04.28~.
- Copepods of the genus Calanus form a predominant proportion of the zooplankton biomass in the North Atlantic. They play an important role in marine food webs, both as consumers of primary production and as prey species for the larvae of commercial fish. We collected a Copepod species from seawater around the Korea Arctic Research Station Dasan at Ny-Alesund, Svalbard, Norway (79ON, 12OE). The Arctic copepod was identified as Calanus gracialis using phylogenetic analysis based on the LSU rDNA gene
it showed 100% identity with the sequence of the Antarctic Calanus gracialis LSU rDNA gene. We synthesized a cDNA library from the Arctic copepod Calanus gracialis, converted it to phagemids and sequenced expressed sequence tags (ESTs). Of these, Calanus gracialiss heat shock protein 60 gene was further characterized. The ORF of hsp 60 consisted of about 1,800 bp. We also confirmed that the recombinant protein of hsp 60 made approximately 108 kDa after overexpression in E.coli system. This is the first report on hsp 60 of the Arctic copepod Calanus gracialis.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.