Mineralogy, geochemistry and microbial diversity of marine sediments at Tempelfjorden Fjords, Svalbard, Norway
- Mineralogy, geochemistry and microbial diversity of marine sediments at Tempelfjorden Fjords, Svalbard, Norway
- Other Titles
- 노르웨이 스발바드 템플피요르드 해양퇴적물의 광물, 지화학 및 미생물 특성 연구
- Rhee, Sung-Keun
Yoon, Ho Il
Lee, Jae Il
- Svalbard; fjord; geochemistry; microbial diversity; sediment
- Issue Date
- Rhee, Sung-Keun, et al. 2007. Mineralogy, geochemistry and microbial diversity of marine sediments at Tempelfjorden Fjords, Svalbard, Norway. 대한지질학회. 대한지질학회. 2007.04.12~.
- Svalbard fjords, affected by turbid overlow emanating from outlet glaciers, are modern analogues for Quaternary deglacial settings. To better understand the response of the geochemistry, mineralogy, and microbial community to the discharge of glacial meltwater, we sampled the subsurface sediments at 8 stations along the axis of Tempelfjorden fjords. The sediment samples were used for geochemical and mineralogical characterizations as well as for microbial community by genomic analysis. Iron-oxidizing and reducing bacteria were enriched from the marine sediments at 8C and the development of bacterial and archeal structures in the sediments of fjords was examined using cloning and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis analysis of rRNA gene.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.