Application of Supercomputer in Simulating the Asian Climate Using High-resolution Numerical Model
- Application of Supercomputer in Simulating the Asian Climate Using High-resolution Numerical Model
- Other Titles
- 고해상도 수치 모델을 이용하여 아시아 기후 시뮬레이션시 슈퍼컴퓨터의 적용
- Kim, Seong-Joong
- Asian Climate; High-resolution Numerical Mode; supercomputer
- Issue Date
- Kim, Seong-Joong. 2007. Application of Supercomputer in Simulating the Asian Climate Using High-resolution Numerical Model. 한국과학기술정보연구원. 한국과학기술정보연구원. 2007.09.11~.
- Under the framework of an IBM power-4 supercomputer, the Asian climate was simulated using a high-resolution atmospheric general circulation model, the NCAR CCM3 at spectral truncation of T170 corresponding to a grid cell size of roughly 75 km. To assess whether there are significant benefits from the high-resolution model compared to a lower-resolution model result, a T42 model was applied for the climate simulation with identical boundary conditions. Both model versions capture the modern climate features found in the observation reasonably well, but the high-resolution model results appear to be more realistic. The high-resolution model is especially useful in reproducing regional-scale climate features such as Asian Monsoon, which has a huge socio-economic impact. In predicting future climate change, thus, an applicaion of a high-resolution numerical model is desirable.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.