ORGANIC GEOCHEMISTRY RELATED TO THE GAS HYDRATE-BEARING SEDIMENTS IN THE OKHOTSK SEA
- ORGANIC GEOCHEMISTRY RELATED TO THE GAS HYDRATE-BEARING SEDIMENTS IN THE OKHOTSK SEA
- Other Titles
- 오호츠크해 가스하이드레이트 함유퇴적층의 유기화학 특성
- Jin, Young Keun
Chung, Kyung Ho
- Okhotsk Sea; chemistry; gas hydrate; organic; stable isotope
- Issue Date
- Jin, Young Keun, et al. 2007. ORGANIC GEOCHEMISTRY RELATED TO THE GAS HYDRATE-BEARING SEDIMENTS IN THE OKHOTSK SEA. KOPRI. KOPRI. 2007.05.22~.
- This study is conducted to provide the organic geochemical information related to the origin and composition of sedimentary organic matter, and to investigate the activity of microorganisms using 13C-glucose addition experiment. The research cruise (R/V, Lavrentyev) was carried out at 9 stations in the Okhotsk Sea from June 1 to June 7, 2006. The results of C/N ratios and stable isotope ratios of organic carbon and total nitrogen in the sediments indicated that most of the hydrate-contained sedimentary organic matter derived from marine phytoplankton but a non-hydrate-contained sedimentary organic matter only at LV39-29H seems to be remarkably affected from terrestrial plants. The finding is supported by high concentrations of long-chain odd number free hydrocarbons (C27, C29, C31).
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.