ROLE OF SEISMIC ACTIVITY TO FORM PRESENT-DAY GAS HYDRATE IN THE OKHOTSK SEA
- ROLE OF SEISMIC ACTIVITY TO FORM PRESENT-DAY GAS HYDRATE IN THE OKHOTSK SEA
- Other Titles
- 오호츠크해 가스하이드레이트를 형성시킨 지진활동의 역할
- A. Obzhirov
Jin, Young Keun
- Okhotsk Sea; gas hydrate; methane concentration; seismic-tectonic; water column
- Issue Date
- A. Obzhirov, Jin, Young Keun, H. Shoji. 2007. ROLE OF SEISMIC ACTIVITY TO FORM PRESENT-DAY GAS HYDRATE IN THE OKHOTSK SEA. KOPRI. KOPRI. 2007.05.22~.
- In 1988 was found the first a few methane flares in North Sakhalin shelf and slope. It is second period (from 1988 to 1998) to study methane distribution in water column Okhotsk Sea and mostly goal was to study methane fluxes. Every year there were found a new methane bubbles fluxes (flares) from sediment to water column. It appear because seismic-tectonic in west Okhotsk Sea area is activity from 1988 to modern (2007). In area with bubbles methane concentration increased in 100-1000 times as well as bottom water column and surface water.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.