Netural wind dynamo in the low and mid-latitude ionosphere: A review
- Netural wind dynamo in the low and mid-latitude ionosphere: A review
- Other Titles
- 이온권에서 중성바람에 의한 다이나모
- Jee, Geonhwa
- I-T Coupling; Ionosphere; Neutral wind dynamo
- Issue Date
- Jee, Geonhwa. 2008. Netural wind dynamo in the low and mid-latitude ionosphere: A review. 한국천문연구원 외. 한국천문연구원 외. 2008.02.21~.
- The neutral wind dynamo is one of the main sources of global-scale electric field generation in the ionosphere. The thermospheric winds in the altitude regions of 90~500 km move the conducting medium through the geomagnetic field, producing an electromotive force. This force drives currents and sets up polarization electric fields, which has strong implications in the ionosphere. In particular, the dynamo in the E region ionosphere is one of the most important physical mechanisms that connect the lower atmosphere to the ionosphere. In this presentation, fundamentals of this dynamo will be briefly reviewed with a recent example, showing strong influences of the lower atmosphere on the ionosphere.
- Conference Name
- 한국천문연구원 외
- Conference Place
- 한국천문연구원 외
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.