Relationship between the Changjiang Diluted Water and SeaWiFS chlorophyll-a during summer
- Relationship between the Changjiang Diluted Water and SeaWiFS chlorophyll-a during summer
- Other Titles
- 해색위성자료분석에 의한 여름철 장강희석수의 공간분포 특성연구
- Hisashi Yamaguchi
- Changjiang Diluted Water; East China Sea; K-means clustering; SeaWiFS; chlorophyll-a
- Issue Date
- Hisashi Yamaguchi, et al. 2008. Relationship between the Changjiang Diluted Water and SeaWiFS chlorophyll-a during summer. JAXA, Nagasaki Univ.. JAXA, Nagasaki Univ.. 2008.01.24~.
- Satellite chlorophyll-a distribution was analyzed with statistical analysis, K-means clustering. And proper satellite chlorophyll concentration to indicate the Changjiang Diluted Water (CDW) was found. During 1998-2006, the distribution of CDW controlled by the Changjiang summer freshwater discharge showed significant interannual variations. The Sea-viewing Wide field-of-view Sensor (SeaWiFS) chlorophyll-a showed that interannual variations of the spatial distribution of high satellite chlorophyll-a (>0.9-0.4 mg m-3) was well corresponded with distribution of low salinity CDW (<30-32), and that interannual variation of the CDW area was associated with the interannual variation of the Changjiang summer freshwater discharge. Correlation analysis between the high satellite chlorophyll-a and summer freshwater discharge showed that the area of relatively-high-satellite chlorophyll in August showed best correlation (R2≈
0.85, P<0.0001) with SFD in July. The second good correlation (R2≈
0.79, P<0.001) was shown between the area and SFD in August. The third (R2≈
0.58, P<0.02) was between the area in September and SFD in July. Correlation analysis indicated that low salinity, high satellite chlorophyll-a CDW spread further in the East China Sea after 1 to 2 months time lag of the discharge.
- Conference Name
- JAXA, Nagasaki Univ.
- Conference Place
- JAXA, Nagasaki Univ.
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.