Identification of cultivable Antarctic marine bacteria
- Identification of cultivable Antarctic marine bacteria
- Other Titles
- 배양가능한 남극 해양 세균의 분리
- Lee, Yoo Kyung
Hong, Soon Gyu
Lee, Hong Kum
- CFB group; Gram-positive bacteria; Proteobacteria; Sanguibacter antarcticus; marine bacteria
- Issue Date
- Lee, Yoo Kyung, Hong, Soon Gyu, Lee, Hong Kum. 2008. Identification of cultivable Antarctic marine bacteria. 국제극지고산미생물학회. 국제극지고산미생물학회. 2008.05.12~.
- Diverse bacterial strains were isolated from marine samples that had been collected around the King Sejong Station, King George Island in Antarctica (62° 13′ S, 58° 47′ W). The collected samples were diluted in sterilized seawater, and cultured on zobell agar plates at 10℃ and 25℃. Phylogenetic analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that the marine bacteria belonged to alpha-Proteobacteria (Devosia, Roseobacter), beta-Proteobacteria (Thiobacillus), and gamma-Proteobacteria (Glaciecola, Psychrobacter, Psychromonas, Pseudoalteromonas, Shewanella), the CFB group (Aequorivita, Cellulophaga, Flavobacterium, Flexibacter, Formosa, Pibocella, Polaribacter, Zobellia), Low GC Gram-positive bacteria (Bacillus, Planococcus), and High GC Gram-positive bacteria (Arthrobacter, Plantibacter, Rhodococcus, Sanguibacter, Winogradskyella). We screened chitinase-producing bacteria & found a good strain, KOPRI21702 with high chitinase activity and productivity at low temperature. The strain KOPRI 21702 was reported as Sanguibacter antarcticus KOPRI 21702T, sp. nov.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.