Size fractionated phytoplankton structure during summer bloom in Kongsfjorden, Svalbard.
- Size fractionated phytoplankton structure during summer bloom in Kongsfjorden, Svalbard.
- Other Titles
- 스발바르섬 콩스피요르덴의 여름대번식기시의 크기별 식물플랑크톤 군집구조
- Joo, Hyong-Min
Kim, Young Nam
Shin, Hyoung Chul
- Kongsfjorden; phytoplankton; pigment; size structure
- Issue Date
- Joo, Hyong-Min, et al. 2008. Size fractionated phytoplankton structure during summer bloom in Kongsfjorden, Svalbard.. 한국해양학회. 한국해양학회. 2008.11.06~.
- Kongsfjorden, a glacial fjord in the Arctic, is located on the West coast of Svalbard. Because it is an open fjord with no sill at the entrance, the exchange across the shelf-fjord boundary has a large impact on both the physical and biological variation in this fjord system. Therefore, it is important to measure, characterize and monitor the ecological status.
The size structure and species composition were investigated during 2006 to 2008, with special attention to small phytoplankton(cells<20μm in diameter).
To aid the interpretation of phytoplankton data, hydrographic data were also collected. Measurements made on the phytoplankton included size fractionated chlorophyll, photosynthetic pigments by HPLC, and cell counts by inverted microscopy.
These data were also compared with the lab controlled phytoplankton culture collections in Koreapolarinstitute.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.