Pedobacter svalbardensis, a psychrophile isolated from the Svalbard archipelago
- Pedobacter svalbardensis, a psychrophile isolated from the Svalbard archipelago
- Other Titles
- 스발바르 군도에서 분리한 호냉성미생물, 신종 Pedobacter svalbardensis
Kim, Hak Jun
- API kits; Pedobacter svalbardensis; optimal conditions; phylogenetic tree; the Arctic
- Issue Date
- 문윤희, et al. 2008. Pedobacter svalbardensis, a psychrophile isolated from the Svalbard archipelago. 극지연구소. 극지연구소. 2008.09.25~.
- A red-coloured, aerobic bacterium, strain AB 15T was isolated from the Arctic pond. It was found to be a Gram-negative, oxidase-positive, rod-shaped organism. The organism optimally grew at 18.6 ℃, pH 6 in sea-salt-free Zobell’s broth without NaCl. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that this strain was related to the genus Pedobacter, showing 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 95% with respect to type strains of Pedobacter terrae, Pedobacter koreensis, Pedobacter sandarakinus, Pedobacter suwonensis, respectively. Assimilation of carbohydrate, enzyme activity and other biochemical properties were checked by using API 20NE, API ZYM, API 50CH, API 20E kit (bioMé
riux). On the basis of phenotypic properties and phylogenetic distinctiveness, strain AB 15T represents a novel species of the genus Pedobacter.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.