KOPRI BioDB: A database to serve information of polar biodiversity and bioresources
- KOPRI BioDB: A database to serve information of polar biodiversity and bioresources
- Other Titles
- KOPRI BioDB: 극지 생물다양성 및 생물자원을 위한 데이터베이스
- Lee, Hong Kum
Lee, Min Chul
Hong, Soon Gyu
- KOPRI; bio-resources; biodiversity; database
- Issue Date
- Lee, Hong Kum, Lee, Min Chul, Hong, Soon Gyu. 2008. KOPRI BioDB: A database to serve information of polar biodiversity and bioresources. 한국미생물학회연합. 한국미생물학회연합. 2008.10.16~.
- Biodiversity information and bio-resources collected from polar areas are invaluable resources that were acquired by expensive and time-consuming processes. To make information and bio-resources more useful, it is very important to share them in science community and in public. In order to fulfill the tasks efficiently, database linked to the samples, strains and other materials should be constructed. ‘KOPRI BioDB’ was constructed to make it easy to exchange information with Joint Committee on Antarctic Data Management (JCADM), Ocean Biogeographic Information System (OBIS), Global Biodiversity Inforamtion Facility (GBIF), and Korean Biodiversity Information Facility (KBIF). The database contains information for the environmental parameters, geographical origin, taxonomy, and physiological characteristics such as optimal media, growth temperature, and production of enzymes. The database was designed to upload and download data by Excel format. Searching for microbial strains using various keywords such as environmental parameters, geography, taxonomy, and physiology are available. The database will be available in public next year after examining the stability and reliability of the database and server system.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.