Influence of temperature on the photosynthetic response of benthic diatoms : fluorescence based estimates
- Influence of temperature on the photosynthetic response of benthic diatoms : fluorescence based estimates
- Other Titles
- 저서규조류의 광합성 반응에 미치는 온도의 영향: 형광을 이용한 추정
- Lee, Sang H.
Yun, Mi Sun
- Benthic diatom; Chlorophyll a; PAM fluorescence; Photosynthesis; Temperature
- Issue Date
- Lee, Sang H., et al. 2009. Influence of temperature on the photosynthetic response of benthic diatoms : fluorescence based estimates. 한국해양학회, 서울대학교 해양연구소. 한국해양학회, 서울대학교 해양연구소. 2009.04.23~.
- The short-term effects of increasing temperature on the photosynthetic and photophysiological characteristics of benthic diatoms (Navicula sp., Nitzschia sp., Cylindrotheca closterium and Pleurosigma elongatum) were investigated by measuring the PSII-fluorescence kinetics of cultured specimens. Photosynthesis versus irradiance curves were measured at six temperatures (10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35°C) every two hours over twenty-four hours. For most of the species, the effective quantum yield of PSII (ΦPSⅡ) showed a reducing trend with increasing temperature. The relative maximum electron transport rate (rETRmax) was significantly stimulated by increasing temperature up to the optimum temperature, and then sharply decreased. Relative to the values of other parameters, the maximum light use coefficient (a) was insensitive and decreased significantly only under high temperatures (30 and 35°C). The light saturation index (EK) was quite similar to the rETRmax temperature response. With respect to the species’ acclimation ability to temperature with time, Navicula sp. and C. closterium acclimated to a short-term change in temperature through their photophysiological adjustments. Pluerosigma elongatum, however, were not affected photophysiologically, due to parallel changes in the a and rETRmax. The PAM techniques are an useful way to study the physiological response of photoautotrophs, particularly, the influence of environmental factors such as temperature.
- Conference Name
- 한국해양학회, 서울대학교 해양연구소
- Conference Place
- 한국해양학회, 서울대학교 해양연구소
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.