Current status of phytoplankton community in the western Arctic Ocean
- Current status of phytoplankton community in the western Arctic Ocean
- Other Titles
- 서북극해에서 식물플랑크톤 군집의 현재 상태
- Lee, Sang H.
- Phytoplankton; Primary Production; western Arctic Ocean
- Issue Date
- Lee, Sang H.. 2010. Current status of phytoplankton community in the western Arctic Ocean. 극지연구소. 극지연구소. 2010.05.26~.
- Over the past several decades, higher temperatures have decreased the extent of sea-ice cover as well as its thickness in the Arctic Ocean. This way the overall amount of perennial sea ice in the Arctic Ocean, especially in the western Arctic Ocean became reduced (Perovich et al., 2009). The recent lower phytoplankton production and subsequent decline of benthic biomass might partly be due to a decrease in the phytoplankton biomass transported from lower latitudes in the Northern Bering sea, because the amount of phytoplankton production largely depended on the carbon biomass.Therefore, a decline of phytoplankton biomass from lower latitudes such as the Bering Sea could cause a decrease in phytoplankton production in higher latitudes such as the northern Bering and Chukchi Seas.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.