KOPRIa litus gen. nov., sp. nov., of the Family Oxalobacteraceae, Isolated from Antarctic Coastal Seawater
- KOPRIa litus gen. nov., sp. nov., of the Family Oxalobacteraceae, Isolated from Antarctic Coastal Seawater
- Other Titles
- 남극해안의 해수에서 분리된 KOPRIa litus gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Kim, Eun Hye
Eun Young Moon
Lee, Hong Kum
Hong, Soon Gyu
Lee, Yoo Kyung
- Antarctic; Kopria litus gen. nov.; sp. no
- Issue Date
- Kim, Eun Hye, et al. 2010. KOPRIa litus gen. nov., sp. nov., of the Family Oxalobacteraceae, Isolated from Antarctic Coastal Seawater. 한국미생물학회. 한국미생물학회. 2010.05.06~.
- A Gram-negative, non-motile, catalase- and oxidase- positive, strictly aerobic and short-rod-shaped bacterium that was designated strain KOPRI 25157T was isolated from coastal seawater sample in around King Sejong Station, in King George Island, Antarctica. The temperature and pH ranges for growth on R2A agar were 10-20℃, and 5.0-10.0, respectively. Phylogenetic analyses of the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain KOPRI 25157 T have showed that it belongs to the family Oxalobacteraceae of the class Betaproteobacteria, but it formed a distinct clade from other recognised members of the family. Major ubiquinone was Q-8. Predominant cellular fatty acids were C10:0 (0.2%), C10:0 3OH (3.2%), C12:0 (2.9%), C16:1 ω7c/15 iso 2OH (56.4%), C16:0 (30.5%), C18:1 ω7c (3.7%), C18:0 (0.7%), and 11 methyl C18:1 ω7c (2.4%). On the basis of these data, it is proposed that strain KOPRI 25157T is the representative of a novel genus, named Kopria gen. nov. is proposed in the family Oxalobacteriaceae. The type strain for Kopria litus sp. nov. is KOPRI 25157T (=JCM 16673T =KCTC 23040 T).
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.