Genetic variability and its geographical distribution of Cladonia borealis around the polar region
- Genetic variability and its geographical distribution of Cladonia borealis around the polar region
- Other Titles
- 극지역 주변의 Cladonia borealis의 유전적 가변성과 지리적 분포
- Hong, Soon Gyu
Park, Chae Haeng
- Cladonia borealis; genetic variation; geographical distribution
- Issue Date
- Hong, Soon Gyu, Park, Chae Haeng, Jeong, Gajin. 2010. Genetic variability and its geographical distribution of Cladonia borealis around the polar region. SCAR. SCAR. 2010.08.04~.
- The fruticose lichen Cladonia borealis is found in Europe, Asia, North and South America besides Antarctic and Arctic (cosmopolitan species). In order to investigate genetic variation and geographical distribution of C. borealis from Svalbard (Arctic), King George Islands (Antarctic) and Punta Arenas (Chile), 59 specimens of this species were randomly collected and the sequences of rDNA (ITS뻃
SU) and RNA polymerase II (RPB2) were determined. Results indicated that they are divided into 2 groups in King George Islands, 3 groups in Svalbard and one group in Punta Arenas. Each subgroup is composed of specimens from each geographical area. The results suggested that this species have evolved with geographical barrier.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.