Introduction of Geophysical observations during the 2016 Amundsen Sea cruise
- Introduction of Geophysical observations during the 2016 Amundsen Sea cruise
- Other Titles
- 2016년 아문젠해 탐사동안 지구물리관측 소개
- Cho, Kyoung-Ho
Lee, Sang H.
Elin Darelius Chiche
- Amundsen Sea cruise; ApRES; Getz Ice Shelf
- Issue Date
- Cho, Kyoung-Ho, et al. 2016. Introduction of Geophysical observations during the 2016 Amundsen Sea cruise. Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes. University of Gothenburg. 2016.10.03~2016.10.06.
- During the 2016 Amundsen Sea cruise, we carried out geophysical surveys on the Getz Ice Shelf (GIS) in order to investigate the response of ice-shelf basal melt rates to changes in the underlying ocean. There were three activities performed during the cruise: autonomous phase-sensitive radio echo sounder (ApRES) deployments to measure ice-shelf basal melt rates, seismic surveys with geopebbles to determine the ice base and seabed depths for supporting the gravity survey, and helicopter gravity field observations to provide wide area estimates of water depth below ice shelves. The ApRES deployments and seismic experiments were performed at four sites on the western GIS and three two-hour helicopter gravimetry survey flights were flown over the GIS. These observation data will be used to analyze ice-shelf basal melt rates and insight into geological boundaries and structures in the Getz Ice Shelf region. Additionally, some methods of ice mass balance estimation using ApRES and satellite data will be introduced for the future research.
- Conference Name
- Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes
- Conference Place
- University of Gothenburg
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.