Understanding the behavior of the Pacific-origin waters from the ocean mooring data observed on the Chukchi Plateau
- Understanding the behavior of the Pacific-origin waters from the ocean mooring data observed on the Chukchi Plateau
- Other Titles
- 해양무어링 관측자료를 통한 태평양기원 해수의 특성 연구
- Cho, Kyoung-Ho
- Arctic ocean mooring; Chukchi Plateau; Pacific-origin waters
- Issue Date
- Cho, Kyoung-Ho, et al. 2016. Understanding the behavior of the Pacific-origin waters from the ocean mooring data observed on the Chukchi Plateau. European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2016. Austria Center Vienna. 2016.04.18~2016.04.22.
- In summer 2015, two ocean mooring systems were recovered in the Chukchi Plateau (CP), which had been deployed over the northern CP in 2013 (nCP13) and the southern CP in 2014 (sCP14), respectively. Yearlong temperature and water velocity data show spatial and temporal variations of the Pacific summer water (PSW) over the CP. During the autumn 2014, especially, the period that PSW was weakened in nCP13 coincides with the period that PSW appeared in sCP14. Northeasterly winds and sea ice covering appear to play an important role in initiating substantial heat release/storage within the PSW layer from October and mid-winter of 2014. This study will focus on understanding how winds and sea ice have an influence on the distribution of PSW over the CP through the intensive analysis of the mooring data.
- Conference Name
- European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2016
- Conference Place
- Austria Center Vienna
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.