Variability of water mass distribution on the northern Chukchi regions in the Arctic
- Variability of water mass distribution on the northern Chukchi regions in the Arctic
- Other Titles
- 북극 북척치해역에서의 수괴분포 변동성연구
- Cho, Kyoung-Ho
- Pacific waters; interannual variation
- Issue Date
- Cho, Kyoung-Ho, et al. 2017. Variability of water mass distribution on the northern Chukchi regions in the Arctic. The 32nd International Symposium on Okhotsk Sea and Polar Oceans. 일본 몬베츠. 2017.02.19~2017.02.22.
- To reveal the relationship between sea ice loss and Pacific-origin waters in the Pacific Arctic Sector, we utilized historical data from hydrographic surveys conducted by the Korea Polar Research Institute (KOPRI) and yearlong mooring data provided by the Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology (TUMSAT). From 2010 to 2016, the anomaly of Pacific Summer Water (PSW) temperature is negatively correlated with the anomaly of sea ice extent. Consequently, the anomaly of surface mixed layer (SML) salinity is positively correlated with the anomaly of sea ice extent. Yearlong temperature and water velocity data show spatial and temporal variations of PSW over the northern Chukchi region. At the western Chukchi Plateau, PSW appeared around the mid of March and was strongly sustained until August. We will also discuss these temporal and spatial variations of PSW and water mass distribution in terms of physical-chemical view point.
- Conference Name
- The 32nd International Symposium on Okhotsk Sea and Polar Oceans
- Conference Place
- 일본 몬베츠
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.