26Al-depletions in anomalous and solar PLAC-like CAIs suggest high degrees of processing in the early solar nebula
- 26Al-depletions in anomalous and solar PLAC-like CAIs suggest high degrees of processing in the early solar nebula
- Other Titles
- 태양계 성운에서 열적 작용을 받은 알루미늄-26 결핍된 PLAC CAI 연구
- Koop L.
Heck P. R.
Krot A. N.
Tenner T. J.
Kita N. T.
Davis A. M.
- Issue Date
- Koop L., et al. 2015. 26Al-depletions in anomalous and solar PLAC-like CAIs suggest high degrees of processing in the early solar nebula. 78th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society. 미국 UC 버클리(UC Berkeley, USA). 2015.07.27~2015.07.31.
- Due to their large nucleosynthetic anomalies , platy hibonite crystals (PLACs) are thought to be among the oldest solids that formed in the solar system. Most of them lack evidence for incorporation of 26Al, suggesting formation prior to injection and/or homogenization of 26Al in the solar system .
Our combined study of O, Ca and Ti isotopes in a large number of PLACs and related CAIs (hereafter PLAC-like CAIs) revealed a correlation between Δ17O, i.e., the mass-independent variation in O isotopes, and the range of large-scale anomalies in 48Ca and 50Ti (>100‰; ). Such a distribution is expected if the primordial (protosolar molecular cloud) dust was depleted in 16O relative to the inferred solar value [2,3]. In addition, we can now
use this relationship to distinguish between solar (solar O, δ48Ca and δ50Ti ？ 0‰) and anomalous PLAC-like CAIs (16O-depleted relative to solar, range of δ48Ca and δ50Ti).
We have studied the Al-Mg systematics in the same CAIs with the WiscSIMS Cameca IMS 1280 to investigate whether both solar and anomalous PLAC-like CAIs belong to the 26Aldepleted population or whether these CAIs represent multiple generations with respect to their incorporation of 26Al, in which
case we would expect to find relationships between the degree of nucleosynthetic heterogeneity, O isotopes and 26Al incorporation.
- Conference Name
- 78th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society
- Conference Place
- 미국 UC 버클리(UC Berkeley, USA)
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.