Arctic-North Pacific coupled impacts on late autumn cold over North America
- Arctic-North Pacific coupled impacts on late autumn cold over North America
- Other Titles
- 최근 북미 한파에 북극-북태평양 상호작용이 미친 영향
- Sung, Mi-Kyung
- Issue Date
- Sung, Mi-Kyung, Baek, Eun-Hyuk, Kim, Baek-Min. 2015. Arctic-North Pacific coupled impacts on late autumn cold over North America. 2015년 한국기상학회 가을학술대회. 제주도. 2015.10.12~2015.10.14.
- It is examined about a physical linkage between the North Pacific SST and cold weather over North America as well as an underlying modulation effect by arctic condition during October to November. A representative oceanic variability in the North Pacific, the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO), is known to bring anomalous cold over North America while its phase corresponds to positive. This study finds that the cold anomaly tends to intensify when the arctic surface exhibits pronounced warming over the Chukchi and East Siberian Sea regions. The modulation effect by arctic temperature manifests as an altered Rossby wave response to transient vorticity forcing resulting from equatorward storm track shift which is induced collaboratively by the PDO and warm arctic. In order to support observational evidences, arctic restoring experiments using CM2.1 model and stationary wave model (SWM) results are presented.
- Conference Name
- 2015년 한국기상학회 가을학술대회
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.