Generic revision of the Bangiales from Korea
- Generic revision of the Bangiales from Korea
- Other Titles
- 한국에서 채집한 홍조류 Bangiales의 속 검토
- Hwang, Mi Sook
Gong, Yong Geun
Ha, Dong Soo
- Bangiales; Rhodophyta
- Issue Date
- Hwang, Mi Sook, et al. 2011. Generic revision of the Bangiales from Korea. 한국조류학회. 한국조류학회. 2011.12.07~.
- Recently, the order Bangiales (Rhodophyta) has been revised by collaborative global
analyses. Seven filamentous and eight foliose genera of the Bangiales are recognized,
including five newly described and two resurrected genera. On the basis of the revised
taxonomic system, we made a generic revision of the Bangiales from Korea by combined
analyses of the nuclear SSU rRNA gene and the plastid rbcL gene. The taxa known as
Bangia, a filamentous genus, belong to 4 genera that have not been described yet. Out of
the taxa known as Porphyra, a foliose genus, only one taxa with single-cell layer
belongs to real Porphyra, and the others belong to newly described Pyropia. A taxon with
two-cell layer that is an unrecorded or a new species belongs to Wildemania. We expect
that more species belonging to other genera of the Bangiales will be found in Korean
coast, as real Porphyra and Wildemania as well as Pyropia are found in this region.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.